| Author Name:
Title: Reading Power 2
Publisher: United States PRENTICE HALL 2/Sep/2009
ISBN Number: 0138143889 / 9780138143886
Seller ID: 24035
"Reading Power 2" is a new and updated edition of the successful student-centered reading skills textbook "Reading Power". Its unique structure, featuring four parts to be used concurrently, allows low-intermediate-level students (with a 600-word vocabulary) to develop the multiple sills and strategies involved in the reading process. Overview
- Extensive Reading helps students to build reading fluency, broaden knowledge of vocabulary and collocation, and gain confidence.
- Vocabulary Building offers strategies for independent vocabulary learning such as dictionary work, guessing meaning from context, and learning how words work in sentences.
- Comprehension Skills teaches reading skills such as recognizing words and phrases, scanning for information, and making inferences.
- Reading Faster builds awareness of reading speed, provides strategies and exercises for increasing speed, and offers charts for tracking progress.
New to the Fourth Edition
- An updated Extensive Reading section with a unit on fiction and non-fiction reading, more activities for evaluating student progress, and a revised suggested reading list
- Enhanced vocabulary features including new "Focus on Vocabulary" exercises and an expanded Vocabulary Building section
There is also a Teacher Guide with Answer Key and a Test Booklet for "Reading Power 2." The "Reading Power "series also includes:
- "Basic Reading Power 1" (Third Edition): Beginning
- "Reading Power 2" (4th Edition): Intermediate
- "More Reading Power 3" High-Intermediate
- "Advanced Reading Power 4: " Advanced
Add to Shopping Cart